Family
My Family....
God has truly blessed me when it comes to family.
I grew up in a home with the most wonderful parents ever. They truly modelled for me and my 2 brothers unconditional love. They supported me in everything I wanted to do and I never doubted that they wanted what was best for me and that they would love me no matter what. My parents were married 44 years to the day when my dad passed away in 2013. They were the ideal image of what God desires in marriage - a husband who loves his wife as Christ loved the church and a wife who submits to her husband in love. My mom has the biggest servant's heart and the best work ethic you will ever find. My father was tenderhearted, kind, and generous to a fault.
Interestingly enough, the family I grew up in prepared me in some ways for my own marriage. My husband is truly and entrepreneur at heart, just like his dad and mine. Growing up with a father who changed careers a couple of times and built and sold companies, made it easier to go with the flow and trust God's guidance on the various occasions (at least 3) when Jeremy came to me and said he was going to leave one job or business behind not truly knowing what came next. I have said a number of times in the nearly 24 years of our marriage that I believe God made him just for me.
Of course our house would not be complete without my 2 kids. We struggled for a number of years not being able to get pregnant just to find out that I would not be able to conceive. This news was devastating. I wanted to be a mom. God had a plan though. One I never would have chosen or could have foreseen - adoption. Joshua came to us at nearly 18 months, Hope at 6 months. And, although any parent will tell you it's not always easy, having kids is a joy. My life would definitely be a little empty with out them. Psalm 127 calls children our "heritage", a "reward", and a "blessing" and all of those are definitely true.
Overall, my family is my life. God has truly blessed me through both the family I was born in to and the family I have formed in my adulthood. God designed us from the beginning to be in relationship. When Adam was alone in the garden, God said it was not good and made him a helpmate. Our relationships in this life bring us comfort in our sorrows and multiply our joys in the good times. What a blessing it is to have family!

Comments
Post a Comment